Vee’s sister Christie came to visit this week. She had to fly out of Charlotte for a business trip and decided to spend the night with us! Christie is super cool and I love hanging out with her. She is also a yoga instructor and has the perfect chillax voice for it.
I cooked dinner that night and our appetizer was Zucchini Muffins with Chocolate Chips!! It really should have been dessert, but who cares! We can do what we want! They were yumsy in my tumsy. We make our own rules!
I made a loaf without chocolate chips as well.
For dinner we had salad, pasta, sprite melon, and oven roasted corn and eggplant. The bell pepper, corn, eggplant, and sprite melon came from Barbee Farms.
Have you ever heard of a sprite melon?
This was my first time eating one. It is a type of Asian melon and is similar to a cantaloupe. It taste like a cantaloupe except it is super sweet and is a little crispier and firmer.
This recipe is adapted from allrecipes.com.
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil or safflower oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a large bowl, beat eggs until frothy.
- Mix in oil, applesauce, and sugar.
- Stir in zucchini and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir in the flour mixture with the rest of the ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter in an 8×4 inch loaf pan.
- Mix the chocolate chips into the remaining batter and spoon into a muffin pan.
- Bake muffins for 30 minutes and loaf for 60 minutes at 325.
This recipe will make 2- 8×4 loafs or 24 muffins.