I invited my friend Maggie over for dinner last week. We met in college while she was studying to be a Graphic Designer. She is also my workout buddy!
For dinner, I decided to cook tofu. I’ve never been good at making tofu taste that great, but I was hoping it would turn out edible and somewhat enjoyable. It actually did turn out quite tasty and Maggie seemed to really like it! It is something that I will definitely make again. Also on the menu: carrots, bell pepper, salad, cantaloupe, and toast.
This is the tofu marinating….Yums!
A few things you need to know before making this:
- This is full of flavor, but it is not spicy hot. Feel free to add chillies or hot sauce if you like it that way.
- I did not measure out the ingredients. I just threw some stuff together that I thought might taste good. All the measurements below are guess-timations. Feel free to add more or less of any ingredient.
Red Curry Tofu
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Honey & Ginger Condiment or you could use a mixture of honey vinegar, wine vinegar, and a bit of fresh ginger.
- 1-2 Tbsp of Red Curry Paste
- 1/2 Tbsp of peanut butter
- garlic scapes or garlic
- I used 2/3 of a firm tofu block
- oil for pan frying
- Drain water from tofu package. Place a couple of paper towels on the top and bottom of the tofu, then wrap a dish towel around it so the top and bottom are covered. Place a very heavy book on top and allow the water to be absorbed for 30 minutes.
- Mix the soy sauce, H&G condiment, curry paste, peanut butter, and garlic together in a bowl. [I had two bowls prepared like the picture above.]
- Cut the tofu into chunks and place in the bowl of mixture. Coat all sides of the tofu and let it sit for 15 minutes.
- Lightly coat the bottom of the pan with oil or non-stick spray.
- Cook tofu over med-high heat for 3-5 minutes on each side.