Hmmm….where should I start? Well, I am very thankful to be able to spend time with my family and thankful that everyone is in good health. Vee, unfortunately had to work and we all missed him very very much.
First up, a meal with my Mom and Granny.
I was on dessert duty. Lemon Cake and Pecan Tassies are two desserts that my Granny always made, no matter what occasion. The Lemon Cake recipe has been in the family for a while and this was my first time making it. I think it was a hit! Unfortunately, the Pecan Tassies (aka mini pecan pies) didn’t make it to everyone [hehehe!] due to
my someone’s big mouth. Lucky for you, the recipe is below.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 3-ounce package cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 2/3 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. For pastry, beat the 1/2 cup butter and cream cheese in a mixing bowl until well combined. Stir in flour (this will take some elbow grease). Press a teaspoon of pastry evenly into the bottom and up the sides of 24 ungreased 1 3/4-inch muffin cups.
2. For pecan filling, beat egg, brown sugar, and 1 tablespoon melted butter in a mixing bowl until combined. Stir in pecans. Spoon about a teaspoon of filling into each pastry muffin.
3. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
After Carb Fest, I decided I needed something green.
More Thanksgiving recaps to come!