Say hello to the sweet potatoes from Barbee Farms. Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables, and I made these babies into some delicious fries.
Sweet Potato Fries
- sweet potatoes
- olive oil
- plain panko bread crumbs
- dried basil
- dried oregano
1. Peel and cut your taters.
2. Pour about 3 Tablespoons (or more if needed) of olive oil in a plastic bag. Put the taters in the bag and shake to coat.
3. Put about a cup of bread crumbs on a plate and mix with 1/2 Tablespoon each of oregano and basil. Then roll a couple of taters around the plate at a time to pick up the mixture, pressing the crumbs in if needed. These will not have a heavy coating.
4. Place on a baking sheet that has been coated with a non-stick spray. Then generously sprinkle with sea salt. I like to use Trader Joe’s Smoked sea salt.
5. Bake at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes.
P.S. I would also like to take the time to gush about my $10 apron that I found at Target.